Claims & Demurrage Handler M/F
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Analyze Charter Parties and voyage documents, clarify events with Agents, Masters, Operators and Charterers, and calculate demurrage;
- Invoice customers with full supporting documentation, ensuring claims are received within time bar. Consequently pursue payment of invoices by customers, following our system of reminders and legal collections;
- Negotiate with customers as to the correctness of demurrage claims and in disputes or non-fulfilment of payment take and follow advice from the Defence Club and/or the vessel’s P&I Club as found relevant;
- Produce weekly and ad hoc reports, and maintain and distribute demurrage metrics;
- Assist chartering and Operations with feedback on commercial terms; providing answers on demurrage and laytime questions and identifying issues and proposing solutions;
- Acting prompt on insurance claims in close cooperation with our P & I and H & M insurers;
- Taking a leading role in negotiating terms of renewal of Chemship’s insurances as owner and charterer.
Who are we looking for
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, maritime and/or law degree preferred;
- Excellent written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Strong telephone presence;
- Knowledge and understanding of marine and terminal operations. (Preferred);
- Good understanding of contracts, charter parties and key laytime/demurrage provisions and the terminology associated with the petroleum industry and commercial commodities.(Preferred);
- Strong facilitation, planning, organizational, and analytical skills;
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate prudent settlements;
- Strong desire for personal learning and sharing of skills with others.
Who we are
Chemship B.V. operates a sophisticated fleet of 13 stainless steel chemical tankers that services the industry’s needs for liquid transportation in bulk. Our chemical tanker fleet serves worldwide routes, with an emphasis on the East Mediterranean to Northwest Europe route and the East Mediterranean to USA route and vice versa. This year we celebrated our 50 years anniversary.