Job opening: Marine Service Operator
Chemship B.V. is constantly growing and renewing the fleet and operational team. At the moment we have an opening for a Marine Service Operator to strengthen the team in Capelle a/d IJssel.
The roles and responsibilities of a Marine Service operator in our organization is described below.
For more information contact Eric Ringe at: +31 346 599 887 or you can apply directly by sending your application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job description for Marine Service operator
Marine Services Operator within the Marine Services department of Chemship B.V.
Provide proper and effective administrative back up to the Staff of the Marine Services department in the performance of their duties.
Superiors and Subordinates:
The Marine Services Operator reports to the Marine Services Manager.
The Marine Services Operator shall:
- Issue invoices for freight, off-hire, additional expenses and demurrage which are recoverable under the relevant C/P, as instructed by the Ship Operator.
- Control of and collecting of outstanding demurrage and disbursement invoices in close consultation with the Accounting Department and Ship Operator.
- Co-ordinate the filing and distribution of all documentation received.
- Keep the Marine Services Department files and information data updated.
- Assist in maintaining the Shipping System (ShipNet) up-to-date.
- Distribute all incoming communication for the Marine Services Department.
- Collecting data for speed & performance analysis.
- Organize and maintain Chartering files.
- Prepare documentation for KPI (Key Performance Indicators) as required under existing and future COA’s.
- Collect and arrange Charter parties for signing and distribution.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Shipping System (ShipNet) in order to create booking and fixture sheets.
- Undertake other work as designated by the Marine Services Manager.
- Educated to MBO/HBO level
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Available 5 days a week
- Good communication skills, flexible and a good team player
- Experience in shipping